Ecological Footprint results

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM by Jaana Laitinen

Do these two ecological footprints and report your results here in this thread.

Also give comments on the differences on the tests - what did you like, what not, do you agree with the results, where they similar / surprisingly different etc.

http://calculator.bioregional.com/step01.php
http://www.myfootprint.org/

6 Replies

Shaimaa Abdelkarim
Mar 20, 2011 at 7:12 AM

My Ecological Footprint - Quiz Results
I am living an ecologically conscientious lifestyle.
If everyone lived like I do, we would need only 0.71 Earths.

One Planet Living Action Plan

If everyone in the world lived like me we would need 3.7 planets to support us. Im above the UK average of 3 planets.

Your Carbon Emissions:15.4 tonnes
Your Eco-Footprint:6.7 GHA

I was pretty shocked with my second result!

NIKHIL BOHRA
Mar 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM

My Ecological Footprint-
I am living an ecologically conscientious lifestyle.
If everyone lived like I do, we would need only 0.43 Earths.
My Eco-Footprint - 6.77 GHA

One Planet Action Plan-
If everyone in the world lived like me we would need 2.6 planets to support us. I am below the UK average of 3 planets.

My Carbon Emissions:9.1 tonnes
My Eco-Footprint:4.6 GHA

I was pretty surprised with the difference in the results!

Briskila.S Albert
Mar 21, 2011 at 5:14 AM

My Ecological Footprint.

I discovered that am living an ecological thoroug life style.

If everyone would live the way i do, we would need 2.4 planet to support us. Am livivg below UK average OF 3 Planets.

My echo footprint is 4.4 GHA.
My carbon Emission is 8.4.

I appreciate the results, because that will give us the idea to know what and how to correct it.

This post was edited on: 2011-03-23 at 08:11 AM by: basambo

Madeline Matia
Mar 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM

One Planet Results:
If everyone lived like me, we would need 3.2 planets. That is .2 above the UK average.
Carbon Emissions: 11.6 tonnes per year
Eco-Print: 5.7 GHA (global hectares per person per year)

Ecological Footprint Results:
If everyone lived like me, we would need 4.28 planets to support them.
My carbon footprint was half of the nation's average, my food and housing footprints were the same as the nation's average, and my goods and services footprint was also half of the nation's average.

I wasn't surprised with the differences in results because the Ecological Footprint asked more questions and received more information about my impact.

I realized that, although I have improved greatly with recycling, using less, and gardening, I am also having an effect on the planet that I don't think about. My house is releasing carbon and all sorts of things without me realizing it, because it's not something I can see. The foods I buy also don't have an impact that I can see, because the only places that most people buy from around here are supermarkets. There really aren't very many choices, and if I do make a choice, I don't know if it's a good one. They both offer some good suggestions but I wish it could be a little more specific for my situation. And I still don't know what it means by "shop at your local market".

Meeckel B Beecher
Mar 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM

My ecological results from the first test showed that my Carbon Emissions was 11.1 and my Eco Footprint was 5.1. The test stated that if everyone in the world lived like I did we would need 2.9 planets to support us. I am however below the UK average of 3 planets. The second test from Ecological said I would take 1.65 earths.

I found it very interesting that both tests would give such striking differences.One of the results told me 1.65 earths while the other said 2.9. I don't think the tests were created to facilitate "developing" countries as many of the questions were difficult to answer.

I also found it a bit challenging to determine my exact amount of mileage per year. I am however more informed than I was before about the impact I am having on the earth.

Santigie Bayo Dumbuya
Mar 22, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Idiscovered that I am living an ecologically conscientious lifestyle.
If everyone lived like I do, we would need only 0.09 Earths.

My Action Plan
If everyone in the world lived like you we would need 2.4 planets to support us. You are below the UK average of 3 planets.