Assignment

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:47 PM by Abdul-Kareem M. Mohammed

What seemed to have attracted my attention very much is how social, economic and ecological factors need to marry to bring about sustainable development. The “Buzzword” sustainable development is being with us for quite a time but very few actually make an effort to know what the whole concept entails.

For me, I think that ecological development should be the foundation on which the other players will rest. The idea is that, when you have a sound ecological system operating at its full potential, it is most likely that the other aspect of sustainable development will follow suit. For instance farmers could make the best out of the land in production which will boost their economic standing and consequently their social.

I was surprised in the beginning about the fact that you could be making economic progress yet that development does not obey sustainability concept, however, upon cursory analysis of certain situations, I now understood why is possible.

In conclusion, even though those three sectors need to combine effectively, attention to ecological sustenance should supersede the rest since it is the fulcrum on which the development of the other sectors hinges.

COMMENTS ABOUT VIDEOS

After care viewing the images, I was quite impressed believing that several people out there in the world think commonly. But what is next after identifying this common knowledge? All in all, a very good concept and vision was dreamed by great minds in the last decade but that is not good enough. We need a sustained action to get to the promise land.

I am not a pessimist, but we only have to be sure, that these sweet words coming from these great people are not part of the worlds political gymnastic for power. With these assurances through actions, we can be there very soon.